There is no doubt that choosing the right accessories before you head out the door for work, to a party, or to go shopping can be stressful at times. As you are looking for your fashion jewelry, you might discover you have an assortment of bracelets and anklets mixed into your collection. Knowing the difference between the various types of bracelets and anklets might make choosing the right one for your outfit easier.
Type of Bracelets:
- Charm Bracelets – A charm bracelet is a metal chain on which the wearer can add different pendants, charms, or baubles. The charms can signify special events, places or simply be things the wearer enjoys. They come in a wide array of materials, including silver, gold, glass, rhinestones or precious gems.
- Tennis Bracelets – These bracelets are typically a flexible, thin material. They often have diamond embellishments or other precious gemstones. A secure clasp is a must for this type of fashion bracelets.
- Cuff & Bangle Bracelets – Cuff and bangle bracelets are solid bracelets, which slide over the hand. They are typically metal, but cuffs can sometimes come in leather. Of the two, cuff bracelets are wider. Bangle bracelets are designed to be stacked together and come in assorted widths. These types of fashion bracelets are not intended for wear on ankles.
- Pearl & Gemstone Bracelets – Lovers of pearls know they can be very fragile. They also come in an assortment of colors, which makes them versatile for bracelets. Gemstone fashion bracelets work well for both dressy and casual occasions. They add color as well as sparkle to any ensemble. Many people prefer the gemstone associated with their birth month, while others prefer specific colors.
- Chain bracelets – Chain bracelets come in a wide assortment of types and styles. With so many options available it is possible to get the perfect piece for those elegant evenings out or those casual days spent lounging around the house or running errands. Common chain styles include Figaro, cable, byzantine, box, bead, and anchor chains.
Types of Anklets
When it comes to types of anklets, most styles created for wrists also work on ankles. Cuff and bangle bracelets are among the key styles that are not usually suitable for wearing as anklets. The following are the most common types of anklets.
- Charm Anklets – Charm Anklets are a viable option but it is important not to attach too many charms to the anklet, or they can become bulky and uncomfortable.
- Tennis Anklets – Like tennis bracelets, it is essential to have a sturdy clasp to prevent your diamond anklet coming loose.
- Chain Anklets – Chain Anklets are the simplest piece of fashion jewelry available. They are available in anchor chains, bead chains, box chains, cable chains and Byzantine chains as well as other types. The best part is that these are also available as matching fashion bracelets!
Whether you are looking for a new charm bracelet or new anklets, there are countless options available. Some retailers even offer interchangeable jewelry to help you expand your fashion jewelry collection.
Blue Dress® Boutique is a fashion forward jewelry and accessories line showcasing interchangeable jewel pops (button snap jewelry) that can be worn with our beautiful companion jewelry pieces including necklaces, bracelets, and other accessories.